West Allis Mayor Dan Devine announced Tuesday night that the Greenfield Avenue bridge will close Jan. 21.
Peter Daniels, West Allis senior roads engineer, confirmed that, saying there could be a delay until Jan. 22. The closing date had previously been Feb. 1. The bridge which spans Interstate 894 will be torn down and a new one built to accommodate a wider freeway underneath.
The crucial bridge is still scheduled to reopen by July 18, Daniels said.
Greenfield Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 106th to 96th streets, Devine said. But access to businesses will be maintained, he said.
- KaBobs Bistro, newest West Allis dining entry has upscale flavor
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Clothing giveaway
- Things to do: May 5, 2016
- Humble northern Wisconsin church triggers West Allis big-city giveaway (1)
- 'Same Time Next Year' to play at Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Campus News: May 5, 2016
- Mother dies in drive-by shooting, suspect in West Allis killing eyed
- West Allis school officials contemplate opening a medical clinic for its employees to save money
- West Allis Police blotter: May 5, 2016