Gov. Scott Walker came to West Allis Thursday to visit the corporate offices of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. which will create more than 200 new jobs to support its senior living communities nationwide.
Walker was there to review progress on the company's $3.9 million expansion project. Brookdale, a leading owner and operator of senior living communities throughout the country, is increasing the size of its corporate support center in West Allis by 33,000 square feet. It will soon occupy 155,000 square feet in the Summit Place office building. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of the month.
The company is currently accepting applications for positions in information technology, finance, asset management, and other areas. State officials are pleased with the job expansion because these kinds of jobs are examples of the positions that will likely be the jobs of the future.
Walker said Brookdale's expansion is due to the state's welcoming business climate and strong workforce.
The state Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation also authorized Brookdale to receive up to $1 million in jobs tax credits over the next two years to assist with the project. The tax credits are contingent upon Brookdale adding 202 jobs by mid-2016.
Brookdale operates nearly 650 senior living communities in 36 states and has the ability to serve approximately 66,000 residents. Among the 18 communities it operates in Wisconsin are Clare Bridge Place and Brookdale Place in Brookfield, and Sterling House of Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New job initiatives to launch at West Allis schools
- Twisted Bistro owners want business to become a top dog in West Allis
- West Allis police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes Dec. 16, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- West Allis-West Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce fundraiser does OK
- Memphis resident honors West Allis girl's memory in St. Jude marathon
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- West Allis police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- West Allis takes stronger control of pawn shops