Gov. Scott Walker came to West Allis Thursday to visit the corporate offices of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. which will create more than 200 new jobs to support its senior living communities nationwide.
Walker was there to review progress on the company's $3.9 million expansion project. Brookdale, a leading owner and operator of senior living communities throughout the country, is increasing the size of its corporate support center in West Allis by 33,000 square feet. It will soon occupy 155,000 square feet in the Summit Place office building. Construction is expected to be completed by the end of the month.
The company is currently accepting applications for positions in information technology, finance, asset management, and other areas. State officials are pleased with the job expansion because these kinds of jobs are examples of the positions that will likely be the jobs of the future.
Walker said Brookdale's expansion is due to the state's welcoming business climate and strong workforce.
The state Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation also authorized Brookdale to receive up to $1 million in jobs tax credits over the next two years to assist with the project. The tax credits are contingent upon Brookdale adding 202 jobs by mid-2016.
Brookdale operates nearly 650 senior living communities in 36 states and has the ability to serve approximately 66,000 residents. Among the 18 communities it operates in Wisconsin are Clare Bridge Place and Brookdale Place in Brookfield, and Sterling House of Sussex.
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016