Two people were taken into custody today following a raid in the 1300 block of South 116th Street that police say turned up chemicals used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs.
The raid, which took place at 2:30 p.m., involved the West Allis and Milwaukee police departments, the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations, the Milwaukee High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, the Milwaukee Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Group and the West Allis Fire Department.
As a precaution, part of 116th Street was initially blocked off as entry teams went in wearing hazardous materials protection suits.
There was no one in the building at the time, but authorities took two suspects in to custody at another location.
Police released no details about what chemicals or how much were confiscated. The investigation is continuing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis
- West Allis considers new mandatory trash carts