Two people were taken into custody today following a raid in the 1300 block of South 116th Street that police say turned up chemicals used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs.
The raid, which took place at 2:30 p.m., involved the West Allis and Milwaukee police departments, the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations, the Milwaukee High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, the Milwaukee Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Group and the West Allis Fire Department.
As a precaution, part of 116th Street was initially blocked off as entry teams went in wearing hazardous materials protection suits.
There was no one in the building at the time, but authorities took two suspects in to custody at another location.
Police released no details about what chemicals or how much were confiscated. The investigation is continuing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- West Allis radio club tunes into local, worldwide chatter
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: May 28
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking
- Developers break ground at The Corners in the town of Brookfield