Two people were taken into custody today following a raid in the 1300 block of South 116th Street that police say turned up chemicals used in the manufacture of synthetic drugs.
The raid, which took place at 2:30 p.m., involved the West Allis and Milwaukee police departments, the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigations, the Milwaukee High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, the Milwaukee Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Group and the West Allis Fire Department.
As a precaution, part of 116th Street was initially blocked off as entry teams went in wearing hazardous materials protection suits.
There was no one in the building at the time, but authorities took two suspects in to custody at another location.
Police released no details about what chemicals or how much were confiscated. The investigation is continuing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis