Money taken in robbery of Payday Loan Store
An undisclosed amount of money was taken in an armed robbery of Payday Loan Store, 1365 S. 108th St., on Oct. 31.
According to a police report, a man wearing a black mask and armed with a gun entered the store about 9 p.m.
He took cash and fled the store. He was described as black and wearing a blue puffy jacket and blue gloves.
Police are still investigating.
Purse snatched from woman near Greenfield Avenue
A 42-year-old woman reported she was robbed of her purse while walking near 80th Street and Greenfield Avenue about 8:10 p.m. Oct. 30.
Police described the suspect as a black man in his early 20s, about 6 feet tall, thin build and wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt and baggy blue jeans.
He was last seen running eastbound on Greenfield Avenue, according to a police report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Students, parents say response to overcrowding at Nathan Hale is unfair
- West Allis students star in webcast on educational use of technology streamed to D.C. event
- West Allis School Board candidates reveal views on new superintendent, future of district
- Lifelong friends reunite at West Allis retirement home, share youthful memories of tragedy and recovery
- Community health assessment survey coming to West Allis and Greenfield
- Batcher rolls out first art exhibit in Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- West Allis Central to bring Agatha Christie novel to its stage
- West Allis to repaint dilapidated railroad bridge that crosses Greenfield Avenue
- Ideas to improve National Avenue in West Allis presented to planners
- Nathan Hale overcrowding battle sparks write-in campaign for board