Three arrests made in home attack
Three people have been arrested in connection with an Oct. 22 attack on a 27-year-old West Allis woman inside her home.
Charges are pending against two men, ages 19 and 27, and a 17-year-old boy, West Allis Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said. Police are still investigating, but they believe it was not a random incident because at least one of the suspects knew one of two people inside the house, Ponzi said.
According to police, the suspects entered through an unlocked back door and attacked the woman about 12:30 p.m. in her home in the 2000 block of South 71st Street. They fled after the woman bit one of the men in the hand.
The woman was treated at Aurora West Allis Medical Center with bruises on her hands and face.
Convenience store robbed at gunpoint
A man armed with a semiautomatic handgun robbed Kwik Pantry, 5631 W. National Ave., about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
According to a West Allis police report:
The man fled southward on 57th Street with an undisclosed amount of money from the convenience store.
He is described as white, in his mid-20s and having a slim build. He was wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt and rubber gloves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accident causes two lanes of I-894/US 45 to close
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- West Allis to celebrate Independence Day with parade, fireworks
- Painting exhibition to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- West Allis to start pilot program accepting electronics, TVs
- Original one-act plays to take the stage this weekend in West Allis
- West Allis chess elite battle at school event (1)
- Playroom Closet set to close in West Allis; cites anti-theft regulations
- Five of Central High School's top 10 grads are from Jefferson Elementary