Three arrests made in home attack
Three people have been arrested in connection with an Oct. 22 attack on a 27-year-old West Allis woman inside her home.
Charges are pending against two men, ages 19 and 27, and a 17-year-old boy, West Allis Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said. Police are still investigating, but they believe it was not a random incident because at least one of the suspects knew one of two people inside the house, Ponzi said.
According to police, the suspects entered through an unlocked back door and attacked the woman about 12:30 p.m. in her home in the 2000 block of South 71st Street. They fled after the woman bit one of the men in the hand.
The woman was treated at Aurora West Allis Medical Center with bruises on her hands and face.
Convenience store robbed at gunpoint
A man armed with a semiautomatic handgun robbed Kwik Pantry, 5631 W. National Ave., about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
According to a West Allis police report:
The man fled southward on 57th Street with an undisclosed amount of money from the convenience store.
He is described as white, in his mid-20s and having a slim build. He was wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt and rubber gloves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Crowdfunding a sucess for West Allis outdoor fitness stations
- Rebecca Grill, city of Milwaukee deputy city clerk, was approved as the new West Allis city administ
- Christmas festivities abound throughout the area
- Candy Cane Lane will again be a fantasy of holiday lights from Nov. 28 to Dec. 26.
- West Allis, Greenfield question need to widen Highway 100
- West Allis Central shows support for classmate who had food allergy reaction
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- Energy job cut from tax budget