Three arrests made in home attack
Three people have been arrested in connection with an Oct. 22 attack on a 27-year-old West Allis woman inside her home.
Charges are pending against two men, ages 19 and 27, and a 17-year-old boy, West Allis Deputy Police Chief Jerry Ponzi said. Police are still investigating, but they believe it was not a random incident because at least one of the suspects knew one of two people inside the house, Ponzi said.
According to police, the suspects entered through an unlocked back door and attacked the woman about 12:30 p.m. in her home in the 2000 block of South 71st Street. They fled after the woman bit one of the men in the hand.
The woman was treated at Aurora West Allis Medical Center with bruises on her hands and face.
Convenience store robbed at gunpoint
A man armed with a semiautomatic handgun robbed Kwik Pantry, 5631 W. National Ave., about 9:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
According to a West Allis police report:
The man fled southward on 57th Street with an undisclosed amount of money from the convenience store.
He is described as white, in his mid-20s and having a slim build. He was wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt and rubber gloves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening
- Wisconsin State Fair bans sale of Confederate flags (4)