Two men, a youth and a woman have been arrested in connection with the beating death in West Allis of Jeffrey Garnier.
West Allis Police identified the four as a 38-year-old woman and males 47, 18 and 17 years old. Because the four haven't been charged, the Journal Sentinel is not naming them.
Police said an anonymous tipster led them to the four, and when arrested they gave authorities "complete statements about their involvement in this homicide."
All four are West Allis residents, and the older man and woman and the 17-year-old all lived together.
Garnier, 57, of West Allis, was beaten in the 9100 block of W. Lincoln Ave.
A passing motorist found him unconscious and unresponsive in the road at 2:33 a.m. Nov. 20 and called police to report a person with a possible head injury.
Police determined Garnier had been drinking. He was taken to Aurora West Allis Medical Center, where medical staff determined he had suffered a stroke.
He died Nov. 25 at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center.
Surveillance video from a nearby tavern showed four people followed Garnier as he crossed Lincoln Ave.
The four surrounded him and one punched him in the head, and he fell onto the pavement, Police Lt. Chad Evenson said last week.
Three of the attackers immediately fled. The fourth briefly searched Garnier's pockets and then fled, Evenson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis to celebrate Independence Day with parade, fireworks
- Painting exhibition to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- West Allis to start pilot program accepting electronics, TVs
- Original one-act plays to take the stage this weekend in West Allis
- West Allis chess elite battle at school event (1)
- Playroom Closet set to close in West Allis; cites anti-theft regulations
- Five of Central High School's top 10 grads are from Jefferson Elementary
- Swimming pools in West Allis ready for summer fun
- West Allis and Greenfield offer summer fun times
- Many school districts stayed with federal food program: Many schools stayed with fed food program