Two men, a youth and a woman have been arrested in connection with the beating death in West Allis of Jeffrey Garnier.
West Allis Police identified the four as a 38-year-old woman and males 47, 18 and 17 years old. Because the four haven't been charged, the Journal Sentinel is not naming them.
Police said an anonymous tipster led them to the four, and when arrested they gave authorities "complete statements about their involvement in this homicide."
All four are West Allis residents, and the older man and woman and the 17-year-old all lived together.
Garnier, 57, of West Allis, was beaten in the 9100 block of W. Lincoln Ave.
A passing motorist found him unconscious and unresponsive in the road at 2:33 a.m. Nov. 20 and called police to report a person with a possible head injury.
Police determined Garnier had been drinking. He was taken to Aurora West Allis Medical Center, where medical staff determined he had suffered a stroke.
He died Nov. 25 at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center.
Surveillance video from a nearby tavern showed four people followed Garnier as he crossed Lincoln Ave.
The four surrounded him and one punched him in the head, and he fell onto the pavement, Police Lt. Chad Evenson said last week.
Three of the attackers immediately fled. The fourth briefly searched Garnier's pockets and then fled, Evenson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season
- More polls workers needed for photo ID
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet