Two men, a youth and a woman have been arrested in connection with the beating death in West Allis of Jeffrey Garnier.
West Allis Police identified the four as a 38-year-old woman and males 47, 18 and 17 years old. Because the four haven't been charged, the Journal Sentinel is not naming them.
Police said an anonymous tipster led them to the four, and when arrested they gave authorities "complete statements about their involvement in this homicide."
All four are West Allis residents, and the older man and woman and the 17-year-old all lived together.
Garnier, 57, of West Allis, was beaten in the 9100 block of W. Lincoln Ave.
A passing motorist found him unconscious and unresponsive in the road at 2:33 a.m. Nov. 20 and called police to report a person with a possible head injury.
Police determined Garnier had been drinking. He was taken to Aurora West Allis Medical Center, where medical staff determined he had suffered a stroke.
He died Nov. 25 at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center.
Surveillance video from a nearby tavern showed four people followed Garnier as he crossed Lincoln Ave.
The four surrounded him and one punched him in the head, and he fell onto the pavement, Police Lt. Chad Evenson said last week.
Three of the attackers immediately fled. The fourth briefly searched Garnier's pockets and then fled, Evenson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening
- Wisconsin State Fair bans sale of Confederate flags (4)