When police in hazmat suits conducted a drug bust Wednesday afternoon in the 1300 block of S. 116th St. in West Allis, they found chemicals and other materials used for making a so-called date-rape drug, court records say.
According to an affidavit accompanying a search warrant, the 32-year-old female resident of the townhouse said she and her 38-year-old boyfriend are addicted to the date-rape or designer drug GHB, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
Police received several tips that the boyfriend was manufacturing drugs in a clandestine lab in the home, the affidavit shows.
The man, who works as a bouncer at a West Allis strip club, was convicted of manufacturing and delivering designer drugs in 2002, court records show. He was sentenced in 2003 to three years and two months in prison plus up to nearly seven years on extended supervision. As a condition for his supervision, he had to remain sober and not possess, consume, sell or distribute controlled substances. He was supposed to be released from his parole supervision on March 21, 2013, the affidavit states.
Nobody was at the woman's home when police arrived to search it shortly before 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police found the couple half an hour later at the boyfriend's residence in the 2100 block of S. 111th St. in West Allis, where the couple appeared to be sleeping. They were taken to the hospital and later arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield schools meet or exceed state's academic expectations
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Inspiration Studios provides artists and actors stages to display talents in West Allis
- Inspiration Studio in downtown West Allis sparks art/theater life
- West Allis-West Milwaukee teacher named Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Pawn America, city of West Allis search for answers to neighbors complaints
- West Allis mulls architectural guidelines to prevent cheap housing from hurting neighborhoods