When police in hazmat suits conducted a drug bust Wednesday afternoon in the 1300 block of S. 116th St. in West Allis, they found chemicals and other materials used for making a so-called date-rape drug, court records say.
According to an affidavit accompanying a search warrant, the 32-year-old female resident of the townhouse said she and her 38-year-old boyfriend are addicted to the date-rape or designer drug GHB, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
Police received several tips that the boyfriend was manufacturing drugs in a clandestine lab in the home, the affidavit shows.
The man, who works as a bouncer at a West Allis strip club, was convicted of manufacturing and delivering designer drugs in 2002, court records show. He was sentenced in 2003 to three years and two months in prison plus up to nearly seven years on extended supervision. As a condition for his supervision, he had to remain sober and not possess, consume, sell or distribute controlled substances. He was supposed to be released from his parole supervision on March 21, 2013, the affidavit states.
Nobody was at the woman's home when police arrived to search it shortly before 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Police found the couple half an hour later at the boyfriend's residence in the 2100 block of S. 111th St. in West Allis, where the couple appeared to be sleeping. They were taken to the hospital and later arrested.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look (5)
- Uncertainty surrounds Bublr Bikes ride-share in West Allis
- 'Moon Over Buffalo' hits West Allis stage
- Military honors West Allis businessman
- National Juniore Honor Society off to fast start at West Milwaukee Intermediate School: NJHS off to fast start in first year
- Newcomers make strong showing in West Allis-West Milwaukee race
- West Allis School Board veteran loses board race
- Off-road ambulance may roll into West Allis
- West Allis schools to consider new math program
- New West Allis eatery offers steak in pub surroundings