The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board decides Hale overcrowding issue (1)
- Franklin police warn of identity theft trend
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case
- Whitnall school referendum heads April 7 ballot
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District taps Shorewood superintendent for top spot
- Students, parents say response to overcrowding at Nathan Hale is unfair (3)
- Glendale mayoral candidates will debate city issues tonight
- Decision delayed on Nathan Hale High School overcrowding