The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee high schoolers go after college credit
- West Allis Health Department nurse wins state award
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)
- West Allis police report: July 16