The candidate filing deadline for the Whitnall School Board will be extended a day because schools are closed due to the cold, but similar closings will not affect West Allis-West Milwaukee or the Greenfield school candidates.
The Whitnall School District has extended the filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board gave schools the authority to extend the deadline in a memo dated Jan. 3.
The West Allis-West Milwaukee and the Greenfield schools also will be closed Tuesday, but their district offices will be open to accept candidacy papers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Gov. Scott Walker visits West Allis emphasizing job growth
- West Allis considering sidealk improvements for businesses, but wants shop owners to carry insurance
- National Night Out party set for July 21
- 'Worst of worst' converted to homes
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District makes use of former Heritage Christian School building; La
- Pawn America's operations under review in West Allis
- West Allis officials denied liquor license to downtown business