The April 2 spring election will be peaceful in West Allis and Greenfield, where all the candidates will run unopposed.
The three candidates running for the West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board include incumbents - board President Susan Stalewski, 1237 S. 54th St., and Jeff Sikich, 2550 S. 95th St. The third is newcomer Patti Ulwelling, 7514 W. Dakota St. She will succeed veteran board member Annette Frymark.
The unopposed school races will be the only local ones on the April ballot. No terms of West Allis municipal officials expire this year.
In Greenfield, the mayor and all school board candidates will run unopposed.
Mayor Michael Neitzke, 4730 W. Abbott Ave., is in his second four-year term. The mayor receives $77,969 annually, plus $6,000 for expenses.
No Greenfield aldermen are up for re-election in the spring.
On the Greenfield School Board, Don Carlson will step down in April after completing his first term. Robert Hansen, 3328 W. Vogel Ave., will run for his spot.
Also running unopposed is incumbent Rick Moze, 8901 W. Whitaker Ave.
Greenfield School Board terms are three years and members receive $4,200 annually.
Two candidates also will run unopposed for the Whitnall School Board: incumbent Stephanie Richter, 5466 S. 113th St., Hales Corners, who is finishing her first term and newcomer LuAnn Bird, 5155 Brandons Court, Hales Corners. Former Whitnall School Board President Rick Kollauf, who was appointed only recently to fill a vacancy on the board, confirmed that he would not seek election.
School Board terms are three years and members receive $3,200 annually.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences