The April 2 spring election will be peaceful in West Allis and Greenfield, where all the candidates will run unopposed.
The three candidates running for the West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board include incumbents - board President Susan Stalewski, 1237 S. 54th St., and Jeff Sikich, 2550 S. 95th St. The third is newcomer Patti Ulwelling, 7514 W. Dakota St. She will succeed veteran board member Annette Frymark.
The unopposed school races will be the only local ones on the April ballot. No terms of West Allis municipal officials expire this year.
In Greenfield, the mayor and all school board candidates will run unopposed.
Mayor Michael Neitzke, 4730 W. Abbott Ave., is in his second four-year term. The mayor receives $77,969 annually, plus $6,000 for expenses.
No Greenfield aldermen are up for re-election in the spring.
On the Greenfield School Board, Don Carlson will step down in April after completing his first term. Robert Hansen, 3328 W. Vogel Ave., will run for his spot.
Also running unopposed is incumbent Rick Moze, 8901 W. Whitaker Ave.
Greenfield School Board terms are three years and members receive $4,200 annually.
Two candidates also will run unopposed for the Whitnall School Board: incumbent Stephanie Richter, 5466 S. 113th St., Hales Corners, who is finishing her first term and newcomer LuAnn Bird, 5155 Brandons Court, Hales Corners. Former Whitnall School Board President Rick Kollauf, who was appointed only recently to fill a vacancy on the board, confirmed that he would not seek election.
School Board terms are three years and members receive $3,200 annually.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016
- Campus News: May 19, 2016
- West Allis schools face mountain of capital needs
- Input to be sought on Highway 100 project in West Allis, Greenfield
- A 'Green' exhibit to lift environs of Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Review: Cream City actors connect in 'Same Time, Next Year'
- West Allis Police Blotter: May 19, 2016