The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
- West Allis woman wins $50,000 in Powerball (1)
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- Things to do: Rummage sales, farmers market, clothing giveaway
- Video: Dine and Dash teams to eat and drink their way through West Allis
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Allis contemplating $80 million referendum to build a new Central High School (4)
- West Allis police ask help in 1995 disappearance of woman
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Fusion band Mas Soul to perform April 30
- In brief: Kohl honorees, band concert