The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- West Allis-West Milwaukee schools get $3.1 million grant
- Trash changes may be ahead in West Allis with fines
- Police notes
- Greenfield schools meet or exceed state's academic expectations
- Financing nailed down for hotel/banquet facility in West Allis