The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board seats up for grabs
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- Knights of Columbus hall wields new name in West Allis
- West Allis makes a connection with new bike trail
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Zoo Interchange detour debate involves several options in West Allis
- Zoo Interchange could take bite out of business in West Allis
- Alderman has broad then-and-now view of West Allis