The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Trees being felled at Greenfield Park for golf course upgrades and disease prevention
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look (5)
- Uncertainty surrounds Bublr Bikes ride-share in West Allis
- 'Moon Over Buffalo' hits West Allis stage
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 16
- Military honors West Allis businessman
- National Juniore Honor Society off to fast start at West Milwaukee Intermediate School: NJHS off to fast start in first year
- Tornado watch in effect