The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis on leading edge in health care program
- Irreverent, eclectic 'Haven't got a prayer' show to open in West Allis
- Village Playhouse to open murder thriller in West Allis
- More known about $6.4 million overrun at West Allis-West Milwaukee (4)
- West Allis Police blotter
- The West Allis Players to open 'Barefoot in the Park' on Oct. 2
- Dec. 7 deadline set for pot-bellied pig to be out of West Allis
- West Allis drowning in traffic avoiding Zoo Interchange construction (12)
- Little interest in hearing on West Allis-West Milwaukee 'red' budget
- Flamenco dance and music will bring fire and ice to West Allis studio