The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Enhancement ideas sought for a main West Allis roadway
- West Allis Central High School trying to shed bad rap
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board president condemns assignment (4)
- Lottery won't be used to pick Nathan Hale High School freshmen
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- West Allis man arrested on seventh drunken driving charge
- Two suburban superintendents in top 3 for West Allis-West Milwaukee
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- I-94 plan that decreases freeway access disappoints West Allis officials
- Enrollment surge in 4K creates need for more West Allis-West Milwaukee classrooms