The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening
- Wisconsin State Fair bans sale of Confederate flags (4)