The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis
- Construction of Zoo Interchange continues
- Paul Strobel appointed interim superintendent
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District searches for interim superintendent