The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016