The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board decides Hale overcrowding issue
- Franklin police warn of identity theft trend
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case
- Whitnall school referendum heads April 7 ballot
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District taps Shorewood superintendent for top spot
- Students, parents say response to overcrowding at Nathan Hale is unfair
- Glendale mayoral candidates will debate city issues tonight
- Decision delayed on Nathan Hale High School overcrowding