The West Allis Police and Fire Commission has chosen Acting Police Chief Charles Padgett as the new police chief.
Padgett began his career with the West Allis Police Department in May of 1988. Before becoming acting chief in November, 2012, Padgett was a deputy chief of police.
"Chief Padgett has demonstrated not only a professional ability to operate the department, but also the people skills necessary to do an outstanding job," Police and Fire Commission President Joseph Kempen said in a news release announcing the appointment. "His insight and commitment to the principles of community-oriented policing will be an asset to the department and the citizens of West Allis."
The commission chose Padgett on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking
- Developers break ground at The Corners in the town of Brookfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store
- Saving doused cell phones by drying them in Redux