The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is evaluating an incident involving a 47-year-old armed West Allis man who was involved in what was originally reported to police as a domestic dispute about 8 p.m. Saturday.
West Allis police were called to a residence in the 9400 block of Mitchell Street where the man was alone inside. Police surrounded the home and negotiations began, with the man ultimately leaving the home.
He received minor injuries as he was taken into custody and was taken to a local hospital, treated and released back into police custody.
No other injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan (1)
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote