A teacher at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School has been placed on administrative leave while authorities investigate a former student's complaint about an alleged assault.
The alleged incident happened in the 2004-05 school year, according to a report from Today's TMJ4. The teacher, a man, was placed on leave April 16, pending the outcome of the investigation.
"We are cooperating fully with the authorities," the school district said in a statement. "We want to assure you that the safety, well being, and protection of the children in our district and community are our number one priority."
The district said parents who have questions can contact student services staff at each school. Officials said they would not be commenting further because it is an ongoing investigation.
The West Allis Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis
- West Allis considers new mandatory trash carts