A teacher at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School has been placed on administrative leave while authorities investigate a former student's complaint about an alleged assault.
The alleged incident happened in the 2004-05 school year, according to a report from Today's TMJ4. The teacher, a man, was placed on leave April 16, pending the outcome of the investigation.
"We are cooperating fully with the authorities," the school district said in a statement. "We want to assure you that the safety, well being, and protection of the children in our district and community are our number one priority."
The district said parents who have questions can contact student services staff at each school. Officials said they would not be commenting further because it is an ongoing investigation.
The West Allis Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wachholz retires as superintendent of West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Video, traffic guide: Video: How to navigate construction surrounding the 2014 Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis officials concerned over what they say is a lack of code compliance
- Top 10 things to see and do at the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis police report: July 31
- Installation of small greeen spaces in West Allis's commerical districts moves forward
- City wants former foundry redeveloped