A teacher at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School has been placed on administrative leave while authorities investigate a former student's complaint about an alleged assault.
The alleged incident happened in the 2004-05 school year, according to a report from Today's TMJ4. The teacher, a man, was placed on leave April 16, pending the outcome of the investigation.
"We are cooperating fully with the authorities," the school district said in a statement. "We want to assure you that the safety, well being, and protection of the children in our district and community are our number one priority."
The district said parents who have questions can contact student services staff at each school. Officials said they would not be commenting further because it is an ongoing investigation.
The West Allis Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Financing nailed down for hotel/banquet facility in West Allis
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Inspiration Studios provides artists and actors stages to display talents in West Allis
- Inspiration Studio in downtown West Allis sparks art/theater life
- West Allis police blotter through Sept. 14
- West Allis-West Milwaukee teacher named Elementary Teacher of the Year