A teacher at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School has been placed on administrative leave while authorities investigate a former student's complaint about an alleged assault.
The alleged incident happened in the 2004-05 school year, according to a report from Today's TMJ4. The teacher, a man, was placed on leave April 16, pending the outcome of the investigation.
"We are cooperating fully with the authorities," the school district said in a statement. "We want to assure you that the safety, well being, and protection of the children in our district and community are our number one priority."
The district said parents who have questions can contact student services staff at each school. Officials said they would not be commenting further because it is an ongoing investigation.
The West Allis Police Department could not be immediately reached for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis putting foot down on snakes and rat breeding to feed them
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- West Allis police report: Feb. 5, 2015 issue
- West Allis approves moratorium on non-charitable secondhand stores
- Partial closing of the I-94 Interchange at Hawley Road in West Allis has some merchants steaming
- Enhancement ideas sought for a main West Allis roadway
- West Allis Central High School trying to shed bad rap
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board president condemns assignment (4)
- Lottery won't be used to pick Nathan Hale High School freshmen
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue