The first CiCi's Pizza Buffet in Wisconsin is set to open in West Allis later this spring, owner/operator Paul Tate said.
The 3,600-square-foot restaurant will combine the spaces of the former Johnny V's and Panchero's restaurants in the Shoppes on 100, 2927 S. 108th St.
CiCi's will feature an all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, salad and dessert buffet, Tate said. All food is prepared fresh each day at the restaurant.
Tate said he was drawn to the franchise after eating at a Minneapolis CiCi's. After doing more research and attending a franchising expo in Milwaukee, he decided to give the business a shot.
"We thought it would be very good for the Wisconsin area," said Tate, whose background is in the retail grocery business.
West Allis and the Highway 100 corridor appealed to him because of the visibility, traffic counts and demographics, he said.
"The retail synergy in that area was the best we had found," Tate said. "West Allis seemed to be the right kind of location."
The West Allis Plan Commission last night unanimously recommended the Common Council approve CiCi's operating permit. A public hearing will be held Feb. 16.
More than 600 CiCi's restaurants dot the United States. The Dallas-based company has stores predominantly in the south and southeastern part of the country but is spreading throughout the United States, Tate said.
- 'Same Time Next Year' to play at Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Campus News: May 5, 2016
- One dead, mother gravely wounded, suspected shooter in hospital
- West Allis school officials contemplate opening a medical clinic for its employees to save money
- West Allis Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- West Allis Police respond to shots fired
- West Allis woman wins $50,000 in Powerball (1)
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- Things to do: Rummage sales, farmers market, clothing giveaway
- Video: Dine and Dash teams to eat and drink their way through West Allis