A longtime West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board member has died.
Robert Kitchen, 80, died yesterday following a hospitalization, district Communication Specialist Brian Vissers said. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Kitchen was first elected to the board in 1990 and most recently re-elected in April 2008.
He graduated from high school in Cheboygan, Mich., and earned a bachelor's degree in marketing and economics from Michigan State University in 1951.
Kitchen lived in West Allis for more than 40 years. Besides the School Board, he served on the West Allis Plan Commission from 1978 to 1995 and also on the West Allis Community Improvement Committee.
He is survived by his wife, Marlene, one daughter and two grandchildren.
Vissers said the School Board will observe a moment of silence in Kitchen's memory before the Sept. 28 board meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis
- West Allis considers new mandatory trash carts