A longtime West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board member has died.
Robert Kitchen, 80, died yesterday following a hospitalization, district Communication Specialist Brian Vissers said. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Kitchen was first elected to the board in 1990 and most recently re-elected in April 2008.
He graduated from high school in Cheboygan, Mich., and earned a bachelor's degree in marketing and economics from Michigan State University in 1951.
Kitchen lived in West Allis for more than 40 years. Besides the School Board, he served on the West Allis Plan Commission from 1978 to 1995 and also on the West Allis Community Improvement Committee.
He is survived by his wife, Marlene, one daughter and two grandchildren.
Vissers said the School Board will observe a moment of silence in Kitchen's memory before the Sept. 28 board meeting.
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016