A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspiration Studios in West Allis exhibits liquid sculpture photos
- Layoffs to affect Johnson Controls West Allis offices
- Longtime musicals director at West Allis Central High School defended (2)
- West Allis police hope to recruit those with security cameras
- IRS scam returns to West Allis, police warn
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others (1)
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair