A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee