A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Partial closing of the I-94 Interchange at Hawley Road in West Allis has some merchants steaming; ot
- Enhancement ideas sought for a main West Allis roadway
- West Allis Central High School trying to shed bad rap
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board president condemns assignment (4)
- Lottery won't be used to pick Nathan Hale High School freshmen
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- West Allis man arrested on seventh drunken driving charge
- Two suburban superintendents in top 3 for West Allis-West Milwaukee
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- I-94 plan that decreases freeway access disappoints West Allis officials