A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Players get mileage from laugh lines in Simon comedy
- Boy Scouts to make West Allis Nathan Hale the focus of Halloween fun
- West Allis paramedics work with the frail and elderly to cut 911 calls
- Large off-price chain to debut in metro market in West Allis
- Ross Dress for Less stores to open in West Allis and Brookfield
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- West Allis on leading edge in health care program
- Irreverent, eclectic 'Haven't got a prayer' show to open in West Allis
- Village Playhouse to open murder thriller in West Allis
- More known about $6.4 million overrun at West Allis-West Milwaukee (4)