A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trash Interrupted: Collage Exhibition by Karen Loper
- Campus News: Feb. 11
- West Allis might hold meeting to help drivers find alternate routes (1)
- West Allis Police blotter: Feb. 11
- Luther Memorial Church in West Alis to hold spaghetti dinner (1)
- Update: West Allis Central High School students respond calmly during bomb-threat evacuation (12)
- Data skimmers found on several ATMs in West Allis, police warn (2)
- West Allis police blotter: Feb. 4
- West Allis schools to leave SAGE, open more seats for nonresidents (1)
- West Allis schools to start trek back to neighborhood schools in fall (10)