A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accident causes two lanes of I-894/US 45 to close
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- West Allis to celebrate Independence Day with parade, fireworks
- Painting exhibition to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- West Allis to start pilot program accepting electronics, TVs
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- West Allis painting 'shabby' railroad bridge over Greenfield Avenue
- Original one-act plays to take the stage this weekend in West Allis
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue