A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Vote at polls on Nov. 4 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. in West Allis/Greenfield
- West Allis business guide helps entrepreneurs get started
- West Allis to hold hearing on 0.28 percent levy increase 2015 budget
- New venue for the Forks & Corks chamber fundraiser in West Allis
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'