A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- West Allis-West Milwaukee schools get $3.1 million grant
- Trash changes may be ahead in West Allis with fines
- Police notes
- Greenfield schools meet or exceed state's academic expectations
- Financing nailed down for hotel/banquet facility in West Allis