A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- West Allis radio club tunes into local, worldwide chatter
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: May 28
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking