A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences