A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)
- West Allis police report: July 16
- Doggy to debut in West Allis Players 'Wizard of Oz'
- Police seeking help on finding woman's attacker