A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote