A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Clothing giveaway
- Things to do: May 5, 2016
- Humble northern Wisconsin church triggers West Allis big-city giveaway (1)
- 'Same Time Next Year' to play at Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Campus News: May 5, 2016
- Mother dies in drive-by shooting, suspect in West Allis killing eyed
- West Allis school officials contemplate opening a medical clinic for its employees to save money
- West Allis Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- West Allis Police respond to shots fired