A Fire Department hose spray challenge, free bicycle helmets and the police reserves' famous chicken barbecue are among the attractions at West Allis' annual National Night Out, held from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave.
The festival will also include carnival games, a DJ, a rock climbing wall, the Police Department's new motorcycles, informational booths and a health and wellness fair.
Drive-through service for the police reserves' 36th annual chicken barbecue will be available from 4 to 7:30 p.m. with walk-up service beginning at 5 p.m.
The next night, block parties will be held in neighborhoods throughout the city, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. The motorcycle unit, McGruff the crime dog and Fire Department personnel will visit more than 60 block parties.
For information, call (414) 302-8050.
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- West Allis taps into tool to help get foreclosed properties fixed up