The city of West Allis will hold its annual Memorial Day event at 10 a.m. Monday, May 25.
The Memorial Day parade will begin at 70th Street, go west on Greenfield Avenue to 75th Street, south on 75th Street to National Avenue, and then end at Veterans Park, 70th and National.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park. The service will feature tributes from Mayor Dan Devine, former Veterans of Foreign Wars State Commander Phil Jasinski and the Rev. Les Takkinen, pastor of Grace Bible School.
Boy Scout Troop 16 will lay wreaths at the service.
For information, call (414) 302-8872.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin State Fair bans sale of Confederate flags (4)
- West Allis-West Milwaukee high schoolers go after college credit
- West Allis Health Department nurse wins state award
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)