The city of West Allis will hold its annual Memorial Day event at 10 a.m. Monday, May 25.
The Memorial Day parade will begin at 70th Street, go west on Greenfield Avenue to 75th Street, south on 75th Street to National Avenue, and then end at Veterans Park, 70th and National.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park. The service will feature tributes from Mayor Dan Devine, former Veterans of Foreign Wars State Commander Phil Jasinski and the Rev. Les Takkinen, pastor of Grace Bible School.
Boy Scout Troop 16 will lay wreaths at the service.
For information, call (414) 302-8872.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- News & Notes: Nov. 27, 2014
- Crowdfunding a sucess for West Allis outdoor fitness stations
- Rebecca Grill, city of Milwaukee deputy city clerk, was approved as the new West Allis city administ
- Christmas festivities abound throughout the area
- Candy Cane Lane will again be a fantasy of holiday lights from Nov. 28 to Dec. 26.
- West Allis, Greenfield question need to widen Highway 100
- West Allis Central shows support for classmate who had food allergy reaction
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Hearings next week on I-94 ramps deemed critical to West Allis