The city of West Allis will hold its annual Memorial Day event at 10 a.m. Monday, May 25.
The Memorial Day parade will begin at 70th Street, go west on Greenfield Avenue to 75th Street, south on 75th Street to National Avenue, and then end at Veterans Park, 70th and National.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park. The service will feature tributes from Mayor Dan Devine, former Veterans of Foreign Wars State Commander Phil Jasinski and the Rev. Les Takkinen, pastor of Grace Bible School.
Boy Scout Troop 16 will lay wreaths at the service.
For information, call (414) 302-8872.
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016