West Allis police last week discovered numerous marijuana plants in a local home, leading to an arrest and charges in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Steven J. Jagemann, 54, faces a felony charge of keeping a drug house after West Allis police found an "extensive marijuana growing operation" on the upper floor of a home at 2120 S. 59th St. on March 25, according to a criminal complaint. He is also charged with manufacturing a controlled substance and possession with intent to deliver.
The operation included the 119 marijuana plants of varying heights and maturities plus fertilizer, grow lights, timers, pots and potting soil.
They arrested Jagemann on the scene before going to his home at 1122 E. Montana Ave. in Milwaukee. There, they found more than 480 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, two firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition, according to the complaint.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 9. The three felonies combined carry a maximum sentence of 22 years in prison and a $45,000 fine.
Jagemann is in Milwaukee County Jail after bail was set at $50,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look (5)
- Uncertainty surrounds Bublr Bikes ride-share in West Allis
- 'Moon Over Buffalo' hits West Allis stage
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 16
- Military honors West Allis businessman
- National Juniore Honor Society off to fast start at West Milwaukee Intermediate School: NJHS off to fast start in first year
- Tornado watch in effect
- Newcomers make strong showing in West Allis-West Milwaukee race
- West Allis School Board veteran loses board race
- West Allis police report: April 9, 2015 issue