West Allis police last week discovered numerous marijuana plants in a local home, leading to an arrest and charges in Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
Steven J. Jagemann, 54, faces a felony charge of keeping a drug house after West Allis police found an "extensive marijuana growing operation" on the upper floor of a home at 2120 S. 59th St. on March 25, according to a criminal complaint. He is also charged with manufacturing a controlled substance and possession with intent to deliver.
The operation included the 119 marijuana plants of varying heights and maturities plus fertilizer, grow lights, timers, pots and potting soil.
They arrested Jagemann on the scene before going to his home at 1122 E. Montana Ave. in Milwaukee. There, they found more than 480 grams of marijuana, a digital scale, two firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition, according to the complaint.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 9. The three felonies combined carry a maximum sentence of 22 years in prison and a $45,000 fine.
Jagemann is in Milwaukee County Jail after bail was set at $50,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accident causes two lanes of I-894/US 45 to close
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- West Allis to celebrate Independence Day with parade, fireworks
- Painting exhibition to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- West Allis to start pilot program accepting electronics, TVs
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- West Allis painting 'shabby' railroad bridge over Greenfield Avenue
- Original one-act plays to take the stage this weekend in West Allis
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue