A portion of Heritage West Allis, a senior living campus under construction at 81st Street and National Avenue, is set to open May 1.
The facility, also known as the Pioneer Redevelopment, consists of independent apartments and assisted-living and memory-care units. The independent apartments are scheduled to open in May while the other two parts should open in June, said Mary Hernikl, community relations coordinator.
Despite the housing slowdown, apartment rentals are "moving pretty smoothly," said Hernikl, who did not provide specific rental numbers.
When completed, the facility will have 264 senior-living units, including 120 independent, 80 assisted-care and 74 memory-care units.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee taps Shorewood superintendent for top spot
- Students, parents say response to overcrowding at Nathan Hale is unfair
- Glendale mayoral candidates will debate city issues tonight
- Decision delayed on Nathan Hale High School overcrowding
- West Allis police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- West Allis students star in webcast on educational use of technology streamed to D.C. event
- West Allis school board to hold special meeting to OK superintendent
- Greenfield High School assistant principal going to Arrowhead