A portion of Heritage West Allis, a senior living campus under construction at 81st Street and National Avenue, is set to open May 1.
The facility, also known as the Pioneer Redevelopment, consists of independent apartments and assisted-living and memory-care units. The independent apartments are scheduled to open in May while the other two parts should open in June, said Mary Hernikl, community relations coordinator.
Despite the housing slowdown, apartment rentals are "moving pretty smoothly," said Hernikl, who did not provide specific rental numbers.
When completed, the facility will have 264 senior-living units, including 120 independent, 80 assisted-care and 74 memory-care units.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis