A portion of Heritage West Allis, a senior living campus under construction at 81st Street and National Avenue, is set to open May 1.
The facility, also known as the Pioneer Redevelopment, consists of independent apartments and assisted-living and memory-care units. The independent apartments are scheduled to open in May while the other two parts should open in June, said Mary Hernikl, community relations coordinator.
Despite the housing slowdown, apartment rentals are "moving pretty smoothly," said Hernikl, who did not provide specific rental numbers.
When completed, the facility will have 264 senior-living units, including 120 independent, 80 assisted-care and 74 memory-care units.
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016
- Campus News: May 19, 2016
- West Allis schools face mountain of capital needs
- Input to be sought on Highway 100 project in West Allis, Greenfield
- A 'Green' exhibit to lift environs of Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Review: Cream City actors connect in 'Same Time, Next Year'
- West Allis Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- West Allis might switch to carts and mixing all recyclables together (1)