A portion of Heritage West Allis, a senior living campus under construction at 81st Street and National Avenue, is set to open May 1.
The facility, also known as the Pioneer Redevelopment, consists of independent apartments and assisted-living and memory-care units. The independent apartments are scheduled to open in May while the other two parts should open in June, said Mary Hernikl, community relations coordinator.
Despite the housing slowdown, apartment rentals are "moving pretty smoothly," said Hernikl, who did not provide specific rental numbers.
When completed, the facility will have 264 senior-living units, including 120 independent, 80 assisted-care and 74 memory-care units.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wachholz retires as superintendent of West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Video, traffic guide: Video: How to navigate construction surrounding the 2014 Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis officials concerned over what they say is a lack of code compliance
- Top 10 things to see and do at the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis police report: July 31
- Installation of small greeen spaces in West Allis's commerical districts moves forward
- City wants former foundry redeveloped