West Allis — After West Allis moved only three weeks ago to revoke the license of the Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., because the ordered repairs and cleanup remained undone after nearly five months, almost everything was done by last week, city officials said.
Even so, the Common Council License and Health Committee decided last week to hold off on renewing the park's license until Tuesday, May 20, to be sure all of the work was finished.
Park operator Thaddues Derynda said this week's stormy weather has held up work but he was optimistic that everything would be done by the end of the week.
Alderman Michael Czaplewski, License and Health Committee chairman, said, "I just hope they finish and keep up with maintenance so we're not all back here again next year."
Ted Atkinson, director of building inspection, said the owner has now been responsive.
"He has now invested money into his park," Atkinson said, ordering hand rails and other improvements.
Mobile Estates has 70 mobile homes.
The city order given in December applying to the overall park was to remove dead trees and brush, remove litter and garbage throughout the park and repair the sanitary sewer system to proper working and code-compliant condition.
Violations were for not removing the remainder of a mobile home that mostly had been razed and for not repairing skirting, installing guardrails, removing improper outdoor storage, removing garbage in yard, repairing broken windows, removing an abandoned vehicle, repairing decks to be code compliant, removing a shed, repairing a damaged fence, repairing a boarded window, repairing a wooden fence and removing branches on a home roof and from gutters.
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016