West Allis — A four-way race for three seats on the West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board and a referendum on cutting the pay of Milwaukee County supervisors will spice up Tuesday's spring election ballot in West Allis.
Three first-term incumbents on the West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board — Gail Radonski, Daniel Bailey and Kristi Bonaparte — are seeking re-election against challenger Diane Narlock, who is making her first try for public office.
In addition, those living in the 5th Aldermanic District will choose an alderman to serve the two years remaining on the term of James Sengstock, who retired last fall before his four-year term ended. Running for that seat are Kevin Haass and Gerald Matter.
All West Allis voters will be able to cast their ballots on the referendum question of whether to reduce the pay of Milwaukee County supervisors to the annual per capita income of Milwaukee County residents. In 2012, that was $24,051. The County Board chairman would be allowed 150 percent of that per capita average and the Finance Committee chairman could claim 125 percent. The proposed cuts wouldn't go into effect until 2016.
City voters also will help decide who will replace the retiring Judge Michael Goulee Milwaukee County Circuit Court Branch 32. Running for his spot are Laura Gramling Perez and Cedric Cornwall.
The ballot also has other uncontested judicial races.
The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Polling places in West Allis:
· Ward 1 at the Liberty Heights Park field house, 6101 W. Orchard St.
· Ward 2 at the West Allis police satellite station, 6900 W. National Ave.
· Wards 3 & 5 at Longfellow School, 2211 S. 60th St.
· Ward 4 at Fire Station No. 2, 2040 S. 67th Place
· Ward 6 at City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave.
· Ward 7 at Heritage West Allis, 7901 W. National Ave.
· Ward 8 at the library, 7421 W. National Ave.
· Ward 9 at the McCarty Park pavilion, 2567 S. 78th St.
· Wards 10 & 20 at the recreation center, 2450 S. 68th St.
· Ward 11 at the LaFollette Park pavilion, 9418 W. Washington St.
· Ward 12 at Madison School, 1117 S. 104th St.
· Ward 13 at Marian University, 1227 S. 116th St.
· Ward 14 at Franklin School field house, 1964 S. 86th St.
· Ward 15 at Woodrow Wilson School field house, 8710 W. Orchard St.
· Ward 17 at Central High School, 8516 W. Lincoln Ave.
· Wards 16 & 18 at Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School, 9501 W. Cleveland Ave.
· Ward 19 at Village at Manor Park, 3023 S. 84th St.
· Ward 21 at Irving School field house, 10230 W. Grant St.
· Wards 22, 24 & 25 at Nathan Hale High School, 11601 W. Lincoln Ave.
· Ward 23 at General Mitchell School field house, 10125 W. Montana Ave.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
- Milwaukee man, 37, charged with sexual assault of a child in West Allis (1)
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on