At about 5:14 p.m. on New Year's Day, the West Allis Police Department received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of 62nd St. that involved a man inside with a firearm.
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with him. The SWAT team was there but man surrendered without incident by 9 p.m.
Joshua R. Jashinski, 33, West Allis, faces five charges filed by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office — two for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one for domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse disorderly conduct and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, West Allis police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote