At about 5:14 p.m. on New Year's Day, the West Allis Police Department received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of 62nd St. that involved a man inside with a firearm.
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with him. The SWAT team was there but man surrendered without incident by 9 p.m.
Joshua R. Jashinski, 33, West Allis, faces five charges filed by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office — two for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one for domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse disorderly conduct and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, West Allis police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season