At about 5:14 p.m. on New Year's Day, the West Allis Police Department received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of 62nd St. that involved a man inside with a firearm.
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with him. The SWAT team was there but man surrendered without incident by 9 p.m.
Joshua R. Jashinski, 33, West Allis, faces five charges filed by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office — two for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one for domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse disorderly conduct and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, West Allis police said.
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee