At about 5:14 p.m. on New Year's Day, the West Allis Police Department received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of 62nd St. that involved a man inside with a firearm.
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with him. The SWAT team was there but man surrendered without incident by 9 p.m.
Joshua R. Jashinski, 33, West Allis, faces five charges filed by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office — two for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one for domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse disorderly conduct and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, West Allis police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences