At about 5:14 p.m. on New Year's Day, the West Allis Police Department received a report of a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of 62nd St. that involved a man inside with a firearm.
Officers surrounded the residence and made contact with him. The SWAT team was there but man surrendered without incident by 9 p.m.
Joshua R. Jashinski, 33, West Allis, faces five charges filed by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office — two for second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one for domestic abuse battery, domestic abuse disorderly conduct and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, West Allis police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New job initiatives to launch at West Allis schools
- Twisted Bistro owners want business to become a top dog in West Allis
- West Allis police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes Dec. 16, 2014
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- West Allis-West Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce fundraiser does OK
- Memphis resident honors West Allis girl's memory in St. Jude marathon
- Greenfield police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- West Allis police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- West Allis takes stronger control of pawn shops