West Allis police are asking the public for help identifying the man who robbed the West Allis Tri City Bank, 6760 W. National Ave, at 2:11 p.m. April 23.
He is described as black with a dark complexion, 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall, 180 pounds with a medium build, and a large nose. He was wearing a dark/black coat with a "Lite" logo on left chest, a black brimmed hat with a Celtic cross and possible red color logo on front.
He was holding his cellphone in his left hand, and appears to be left handed based on video.
No weapon displayed. The man held up a note saying, "This is a robbery." There were no injuries.
The man was last seen running west toward 70th Street.
The bank robbery appears to be related to two prior armed robberies in West Allis in which the robber had a semi-automatic handgun. One robbery was March 26 at a convenience store at 85th Street and Greenfield Avenue and the other was April 15 at a liquor store at 78th and Becher streets.
In the prior robberies, a silver four-door car, possibly a Nissan Maxima, was seen leaving the scenes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the West Allis Police Department at (414) 302-8000 or remain anonymous by calling (414) 476-CASH.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis officials considering starting a fund that helps homeowners replace leaky sewer laterals
- West Allis has a new vista of Interstate 894 made from dirt the state dumped along Greenfield Avenue
- Mobile home park scrutinized
- West Allis considers fund to help homeowners repair sewer laterals
- License of mobile home park in West Allis could roll away
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- West Allis-West Milwaukee WKCE scores below state average
- Police Report: April 15