West Allis police are asking the public for help identifying the man who robbed the West Allis Tri City Bank, 6760 W. National Ave, at 2:11 p.m. April 23.
He is described as black with a dark complexion, 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall, 180 pounds with a medium build, and a large nose. He was wearing a dark/black coat with a "Lite" logo on left chest, a black brimmed hat with a Celtic cross and possible red color logo on front.
He was holding his cellphone in his left hand, and appears to be left handed based on video.
No weapon displayed. The man held up a note saying, "This is a robbery." There were no injuries.
The man was last seen running west toward 70th Street.
The bank robbery appears to be related to two prior armed robberies in West Allis in which the robber had a semi-automatic handgun. One robbery was March 26 at a convenience store at 85th Street and Greenfield Avenue and the other was April 15 at a liquor store at 78th and Becher streets.
In the prior robberies, a silver four-door car, possibly a Nissan Maxima, was seen leaving the scenes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the West Allis Police Department at (414) 302-8000 or remain anonymous by calling (414) 476-CASH.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis
- Construction of Zoo Interchange continues
- Paul Strobel appointed interim superintendent
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District searches for interim superintendent