Damon James Edward Howard, 36, of Milwaukee has been charged with two counts of felony reckless endangerment for allegedly driving an SUV into two pedestrians outside a West Allis bar Saturday.
Howard was charged with two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and three counts of striking an occupied or attended vehicle after he allegedly struck two people with a Ford Explorer outside Danny's Lounge, near 60th and Burnham streets, about 2 a.m. Saturday, West Allis Deputy Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release Thursday. Howard also is accused of striking a vehicle turning north onto 60th Street.
Two people were taken to Aurora West Allis and Froedtert hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, Padgett said.
Police arrested a second man in connection with the hit and run; however, no charges have been filed.
Shots were reportedly fired at the fleeing SUV, and one man was arrested and a firearm was confiscated. Padgett said the investigation regarding the shooting is still under way. Shots were fired from the area of the 6100 block of West Burnham Street.
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016
- Campus News: May 19, 2016
- West Allis schools face mountain of capital needs
- Input to be sought on Highway 100 project in West Allis, Greenfield
- A 'Green' exhibit to lift environs of Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Review: Cream City actors connect in 'Same Time, Next Year'