Damon James Edward Howard, 36, of Milwaukee has been charged with two counts of felony reckless endangerment for allegedly driving an SUV into two pedestrians outside a West Allis bar Saturday.
Howard was charged with two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and three counts of striking an occupied or attended vehicle after he allegedly struck two people with a Ford Explorer outside Danny's Lounge, near 60th and Burnham streets, about 2 a.m. Saturday, West Allis Deputy Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release Thursday. Howard also is accused of striking a vehicle turning north onto 60th Street.
Two people were taken to Aurora West Allis and Froedtert hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, Padgett said.
Police arrested a second man in connection with the hit and run; however, no charges have been filed.
Shots were reportedly fired at the fleeing SUV, and one man was arrested and a firearm was confiscated. Padgett said the investigation regarding the shooting is still under way. Shots were fired from the area of the 6100 block of West Burnham Street.
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Clothing giveaway
- Things to do: May 5, 2016
- Humble northern Wisconsin church triggers West Allis big-city giveaway (1)
- 'Same Time Next Year' to play at Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Campus News: May 5, 2016
- Mother dies in drive-by shooting, suspect in West Allis killing eyed
- West Allis school officials contemplate opening a medical clinic for its employees to save money
- West Allis Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- West Allis Police respond to shots fired