Greenfield police are seeking suspects for a rash of car logo emblem thefts near the Briarwick Apartment complex last week.
According to the police logs, 17 residents called police to report logos were removed from their cars while they were parked in in the 8800 through 9000 blocks of West Waterford Square between July 23 and July 27. All of the vehicles had been parked on the street or in a parking lot, and the logos were apparently taken during the evening hours.
Emblems and medallions were taken off trunks, gas caps and quarter panels of all different makes and models of vehicles. In one case, the word "turbo" was pried off a vehicle that the owner has been in the process of restoring.
One victim told police she observed a group of five or six men in the parking lot around 10 p.m. July 25, but was unsure if they were involved in the thefts.
Anyone with information about these thefts should contact the Greenfield Police Department at (414) 761-5300.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and Notes
- Greenfield and West Allis plan Memorials for the Day
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- West Allis boy's heroism doesn't erase his sadness
- Police Report: May 13
- West Allis school uses gardens to teach students multiple subjects
- West Allis Public Works shares cost, construction concerns with DOT