West Allis Police called in the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department bomb squad Tuesday evening after being confronted by what appeared to be an explosive device during the execution of a search warrant.
Shorlty after 7 p.m., West Allis police evacuated the trailer park area at the Hillside mobile home park at 10211 W. Greenfield Ave.
"Upon discovery of this item, officers evacuated and secured the immediate area without harm or injury to anyone as a safety precaution," according to Capt. Brian Mason of the West Allis Police Department.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff Department’s bomb squad was contacted and requested to assist in identification and disposal of the item.
Explosives were not the subject of the search warrant, Masson said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Photo by C.T. Kruger
- West Allis woman wins $50,000 in Powerball
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- Things to do: Rummage sales, farmers market, clothing giveaway
- Video: Dine and Dash teams to eat and drink their way through West Allis
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Allis contemplating $80 million referendum to build a new Central High School (4)
- West Allis police ask help in 1995 disappearance of woman
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Fusion band Mas Soul to perform April 30
- In brief: Kohl honorees, band concert