West Allis Police called in the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department bomb squad Tuesday evening after being confronted by what appeared to be an explosive device during the execution of a search warrant.
Shorlty after 7 p.m., West Allis police evacuated the trailer park area at the Hillside mobile home park at 10211 W. Greenfield Ave.
"Upon discovery of this item, officers evacuated and secured the immediate area without harm or injury to anyone as a safety precaution," according to Capt. Brian Mason of the West Allis Police Department.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff Department’s bomb squad was contacted and requested to assist in identification and disposal of the item.
Explosives were not the subject of the search warrant, Masson said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Photo by C.T. Kruger
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season