West Allis Police called in the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department bomb squad Tuesday evening after being confronted by what appeared to be an explosive device during the execution of a search warrant.
Shorlty after 7 p.m., West Allis police evacuated the trailer park area at the Hillside mobile home park at 10211 W. Greenfield Ave.
"Upon discovery of this item, officers evacuated and secured the immediate area without harm or injury to anyone as a safety precaution," according to Capt. Brian Mason of the West Allis Police Department.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff Department’s bomb squad was contacted and requested to assist in identification and disposal of the item.
Explosives were not the subject of the search warrant, Masson said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Photo by C.T. Kruger
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016