West Allis Police called in the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department bomb squad Tuesday evening after being confronted by what appeared to be an explosive device during the execution of a search warrant.
Shorlty after 7 p.m., West Allis police evacuated the trailer park area at the Hillside mobile home park at 10211 W. Greenfield Ave.
"Upon discovery of this item, officers evacuated and secured the immediate area without harm or injury to anyone as a safety precaution," according to Capt. Brian Mason of the West Allis Police Department.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff Department’s bomb squad was contacted and requested to assist in identification and disposal of the item.
Explosives were not the subject of the search warrant, Masson said.
Further details were not immediately available.
Photo by C.T. Kruger
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Cycle shop could motor into old retail store in West Allis
- School continues its educational Heritage in West Allis
- Three West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board seats up for grabs
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- Knights of Columbus hall wields new name in West Allis
- West Allis makes a connection with new bike trail
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood