A cross-dressing man was arrested for retail theft, two accounts of battery and using an oleoresin device while committing a crime after he threatened to use pepper spray and bit a store employee at 7 p.m. Sept. 10.
According to the West Allis police report:
A man wearing woman's clothing entered Pick 'n Save and hid several grocery items into his purse. Employees tried to stop the man, but he pulled out a can of pepper spray and threatened to spray them. A loss prevention employee tried to contain the man and the offender bit the employee.
Police arrested the man for retail theft, two accounts of battery and for using an oleoresin device (pepper spray) while committing a crime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New WestAllis News Index
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated