A cross-dressing man was arrested for retail theft, two accounts of battery and using an oleoresin device while committing a crime after he threatened to use pepper spray and bit a store employee at 7 p.m. Sept. 10.
According to the West Allis police report:
A man wearing woman's clothing entered Pick 'n Save and hid several grocery items into his purse. Employees tried to stop the man, but he pulled out a can of pepper spray and threatened to spray them. A loss prevention employee tried to contain the man and the offender bit the employee.
Police arrested the man for retail theft, two accounts of battery and for using an oleoresin device (pepper spray) while committing a crime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season