A cross-dressing man was arrested for retail theft, two accounts of battery and using an oleoresin device while committing a crime after he threatened to use pepper spray and bit a store employee at 7 p.m. Sept. 10.
According to the West Allis police report:
A man wearing woman's clothing entered Pick 'n Save and hid several grocery items into his purse. Employees tried to stop the man, but he pulled out a can of pepper spray and threatened to spray them. A loss prevention employee tried to contain the man and the offender bit the employee.
Police arrested the man for retail theft, two accounts of battery and for using an oleoresin device (pepper spray) while committing a crime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trash Interrupted: Collage Exhibition by Karen Loper (1)
- Campus News: Feb. 11
- West Allis might hold meeting to help drivers find alternate routes (2)
- West Allis Police blotter: Feb. 11 (1)
- Luther Memorial Church in West Alis to hold spaghetti dinner (1)
- West Allis Central High School students respond calmly during bomb-threat evacuation (12)
- Data skimmers found on several ATMs in West Allis, police warn (2)
- West Allis police blotter: Feb. 4
- West Allis schools to leave SAGE, open more seats for nonresidents (1)
- West Allis schools to start trek back to neighborhood schools in fall (10)