West Allis - The latest batch of names of drivers with multiple drunken driving offenses who are being prosecuted for yet another offense includes Mark Jollie, 51, of West Allis who was charged with his 10th drunken driving offense.
His blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.26, which is more than three times the 0.08 that is considered legal evidence of intoxication in Wisconsin. He was arrested in the 10300 block of West Lincoln Avenue about 8:45 p.m. July 2 on a report from a motorist of a possible intoxicated driver.
He has previous convictions in 2008, 1999 (in Illinois), in 1997, 1996, 1994, two separate convictions in 1992, 1991, and in 1989 (in Arizona).
The West Allis Police Department releases the names of people with at least three prior drunken driving convictions who are charged with another OWI. The goal is to try to reduce the number of repeat offenders.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office also charged Lenny Randall, 35, Milwaukee, with a sixth drunken driving offense.
He was arrested for driving 18 mph over the limit in the 5200 block of West Lincoln Avenue. His BAC was 0.17.
His five prior drunken driving convictions included two in 2004, and one in 2001, 1999 and 1996.
Facing a fifth drunken driving offense is Christine Brzycki, 54, West Allis, who was arrested for speeding and crossing the center line at 67th Place and Becher Place.
Her BAC was 0.19. Previous convictions were in 2001, 1998, 1996 and 1995.
Charged with a fourth drunken driving offense is Jeffery Hayes, 47, West Allis. He was arrested after a resident called police about someone who appeared to be sleeping behind the wheel of a vehicle in the road. His BAC was 0.29.
He has two previous OWI convictions in 2008 and one in 2007.
So far, West Allis police have arrested 296 people for OWI-related offenses. That includes 52 who have been arrested for the third offense or greater.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan (1)
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote