West Allis could announce redevelopment plans for the area around 82nd Street and Greenfield Avenue as early as mid-July.
The city's Community Development Authority is meeting Tuesday in closed session to consider selling city-owned land to multiple developers, said John Stibal, West Allis's development director. The city land includes seven homes, the former Milwaukee Gray Iron foundry and the vacant Mikonos Restaurant building.
Although city planners have had hopes that a neighborhood grocery store and perhaps a hotel would be built on the site, Stibal did not comment on what the actual potential developments would be.
After Tuesday's CDA meeting, the plan is for the sale proposal to go back to the developers for approval. If the project is still on track, the CDA could consider the projects in open session at a meeting tentatively set for July 19.
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016