West Allis — While much of the state of Wisconsin will be cheering for the Packers this weekend, Milwaukee promoter Tim Gill is torn.
Now that the Packers have won against the Chicago Bears and made it to the NFL playoffs, their first-round game is taking place at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
When Packers games are scheduled during Rummage-A-Rama! shows, there's always a noticeable decline in attendance during the game. Having been raised a Packers fan, Gill must decide between work or betraying his home team. "It just doesn't seem right to ever cheer for a team from Chicago," Gill said in a news release.
In order to prove his loyalty to the green and gold, Gill has decided that admission to Rummage-A-Rama! will be free during the game to anyone who is wearing any sort of Packers apparel or accessories.
There will be large screen TVs displaying the game, with plenty of food and beverages for purchase.
Rummage-A-Rama! will be held Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the State Fair Park Wisconsin Products Pavilion.
Admission to Rummage-A-Rama! is $4, but patrons who bring a donation of two non-perishable food items for Hunger Task Force get in for $2. Kids age 12 and under attend Rummage-A-Rama! for free.
Free parking is available in the north lot by the Pettit National Ice Center via Gate 6. Preferred parking is available for $5 by entering Gate 5 off 84th Street.
For the most up-to-date information on Rummage-A-Rama!, visit www.Rummage-A-Rama.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking
- Developers break ground at The Corners in the town of Brookfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store
- Saving doused cell phones by drying them in Redux