West Allis — While much of the state of Wisconsin will be cheering for the Packers this weekend, Milwaukee promoter Tim Gill is torn.
Now that the Packers have won against the Chicago Bears and made it to the NFL playoffs, their first-round game is taking place at 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
When Packers games are scheduled during Rummage-A-Rama! shows, there's always a noticeable decline in attendance during the game. Having been raised a Packers fan, Gill must decide between work or betraying his home team. "It just doesn't seem right to ever cheer for a team from Chicago," Gill said in a news release.
In order to prove his loyalty to the green and gold, Gill has decided that admission to Rummage-A-Rama! will be free during the game to anyone who is wearing any sort of Packers apparel or accessories.
There will be large screen TVs displaying the game, with plenty of food and beverages for purchase.
Rummage-A-Rama! will be held Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the State Fair Park Wisconsin Products Pavilion.
Admission to Rummage-A-Rama! is $4, but patrons who bring a donation of two non-perishable food items for Hunger Task Force get in for $2. Kids age 12 and under attend Rummage-A-Rama! for free.
Free parking is available in the north lot by the Pettit National Ice Center via Gate 6. Preferred parking is available for $5 by entering Gate 5 off 84th Street.
For the most up-to-date information on Rummage-A-Rama!, visit www.Rummage-A-Rama.com.
- West Allis woman wins $50,000 in Powerball (1)
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- Things to do: Rummage sales, farmers market, clothing giveaway
- Video: Dine and Dash teams to eat and drink their way through West Allis
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Allis contemplating $80 million referendum to build a new Central High School (4)
- West Allis police ask help in 1995 disappearance of woman
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Fusion band Mas Soul to perform April 30
- In brief: Kohl honorees, band concert