The man who committed suicide after a traffic stop in Brookfield was wanted by Greenfield police in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a child.
A victim told police of repeated acts of sexual assault on her over a period of 10 years. As a result, police issued a temporary felony arrest warrant for Brian C. Beardsley, 38, of West Allis.
When Brookfield authorities pulled Beardsley's truck over Nov. 12 in the 19400 block of Bluemound Road, Beardsley hen took his own life.
Greenfield police are not releasing any more information to protect the identity of the victim.
For more on the incident in Brookfield, see NOW reporter Aaron Martin's story on BrookfieldNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee high schoolers go after college credit
- West Allis Health Department nurse wins state award
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)
- West Allis police report: July 16