The man who committed suicide after a traffic stop in Brookfield was wanted by Greenfield police in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a child.
A victim told police of repeated acts of sexual assault on her over a period of 10 years. As a result, police issued a temporary felony arrest warrant for Brian C. Beardsley, 38, of West Allis.
When Brookfield authorities pulled Beardsley's truck over Nov. 12 in the 19400 block of Bluemound Road, Beardsley hen took his own life.
Greenfield police are not releasing any more information to protect the identity of the victim.
For more on the incident in Brookfield, see NOW reporter Aaron Martin's story on BrookfieldNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspiration Studios in West Allis exhibits liquid sculpture photos
- Layoffs to affect Johnson Controls West Allis offices
- Longtime musicals director at West Allis Central High School defended (1)
- West Allis police hope to recruit those with security cameras
- IRS scam returns to West Allis, police warn
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others (1)
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair