The man who committed suicide after a traffic stop in Brookfield was wanted by Greenfield police in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a child.
A victim told police of repeated acts of sexual assault on her over a period of 10 years. As a result, police issued a temporary felony arrest warrant for Brian C. Beardsley, 38, of West Allis.
When Brookfield authorities pulled Beardsley's truck over Nov. 12 in the 19400 block of Bluemound Road, Beardsley hen took his own life.
Greenfield police are not releasing any more information to protect the identity of the victim.
For more on the incident in Brookfield, see NOW reporter Aaron Martin's story on BrookfieldNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Gov. Scott Walker visits West Allis emphasizing job growth
- West Allis considering sidealk improvements for businesses, but wants shop owners to carry insurance
- National Night Out party set for July 21
- 'Worst of worst' converted to homes
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District makes use of former Heritage Christian School building; La
- Pawn America's operations under review in West Allis
- West Allis officials denied liquor license to downtown business