The man who committed suicide after a traffic stop in Brookfield was wanted by Greenfield police in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a child.
A victim told police of repeated acts of sexual assault on her over a period of 10 years. As a result, police issued a temporary felony arrest warrant for Brian C. Beardsley, 38, of West Allis.
When Brookfield authorities pulled Beardsley's truck over Nov. 12 in the 19400 block of Bluemound Road, Beardsley hen took his own life.
Greenfield police are not releasing any more information to protect the identity of the victim.
For more on the incident in Brookfield, see NOW reporter Aaron Martin's story on BrookfieldNOW.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season
- Motorcyclist killed in East Tosa crash identified