Police have identified the husband-and-wife found dead in an apparent murder-suicide Monday as Matthew J. Krejci, 27, of Milwaukee, and Grace E. Krejci, 23, of West Allis.
According to a Police Department news release, officers responded to a report of gunshots at 4 p.m. in the 2200 block of South 62nd Street and found the couple dead in the bathroom
Their 3-year-old child was unharmed but taken to the hospital as a precaution, police said.
Grace Krejci previously had a restraining order, which expired on March 22, against her husband, according to police. West Allis police arrested Matthew Krejci on March 8 for a restraining order violation, for which he was charged by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Police believe Matthew Krejci shot Grace Krejci before turning the gun on himself, though Police Chief Michael Jungbluth cautioned the incident is still under investigation.
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- West Allis taps into tool to help get foreclosed properties fixed up