Police have identified the husband-and-wife found dead in an apparent murder-suicide Monday as Matthew J. Krejci, 27, of Milwaukee, and Grace E. Krejci, 23, of West Allis.
According to a Police Department news release, officers responded to a report of gunshots at 4 p.m. in the 2200 block of South 62nd Street and found the couple dead in the bathroom
Their 3-year-old child was unharmed but taken to the hospital as a precaution, police said.
Grace Krejci previously had a restraining order, which expired on March 22, against her husband, according to police. West Allis police arrested Matthew Krejci on March 8 for a restraining order violation, for which he was charged by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Police believe Matthew Krejci shot Grace Krejci before turning the gun on himself, though Police Chief Michael Jungbluth cautioned the incident is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Gov. Scott Walker visits West Allis emphasizing job growth
- West Allis considering sidealk improvements for businesses, but wants shop owners to carry insurance
- National Night Out party set for July 21
- 'Worst of worst' converted to homes
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District makes use of former Heritage Christian School building; La
- Pawn America's operations under review in West Allis
- West Allis officials denied liquor license to downtown business