Police have identified the husband-and-wife found dead in an apparent murder-suicide Monday as Matthew J. Krejci, 27, of Milwaukee, and Grace E. Krejci, 23, of West Allis.
According to a Police Department news release, officers responded to a report of gunshots at 4 p.m. in the 2200 block of South 62nd Street and found the couple dead in the bathroom
Their 3-year-old child was unharmed but taken to the hospital as a precaution, police said.
Grace Krejci previously had a restraining order, which expired on March 22, against her husband, according to police. West Allis police arrested Matthew Krejci on March 8 for a restraining order violation, for which he was charged by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Police believe Matthew Krejci shot Grace Krejci before turning the gun on himself, though Police Chief Michael Jungbluth cautioned the incident is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)
- West Allis police report: July 16
- Doggy to debut in West Allis Players 'Wizard of Oz'
- Police seeking help on finding woman's attacker