• Ryan and Kristen Boettcher (nee Villella) of West Allis are the parents of a daughter, Zoe Belle, born Feb. 18, 2010. She was 7 pounds, 7 ounces and 20 inches. She joins brother Xander. Grandparents are Dan and Laura Villella of Someres and Bill and JoAnn Boettcher of Kenosha.
• The following students were named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Ashley Annacchino, Amanda Biedrzycki, Amanda Brashear, Kyle Buss, Zachary Corley, Katarzyna Czajkowska, Anthony Darelius, Michael Dean Jr., Alisa Burke Dettman, Dana Evers, Nathan Fergot, Bojan Galijot, Samanth George, Heather Gerlach, Travis Gilge, Erin Hallinan, Steve Heimerl, Adam Henning, Eric Lagerman, Anna Lashkova, Laura Lehrer, Erin Lewis, Blake Lorino, Alisha Lueth, Brandon Lundquist, Joseph Maas, Maren Meservey, Leah Montgomery, Marilyn Morris, Fernando Rivera, Claire Rothe, Sarah Sikorski, Andrew Smith, Veronica Sotelo, Brittany Suttner, Eugene Taylor, Veronica Villa, Sarah Wagner, Yuning Weber,Virginia Withington, Erin Wolski, Julie Yahnke and David Zickuhr - Greenfield; and Angela Ammann, Lindsey Batchelor, Timothy Bein, Sarah Bridge, Megan Buschkopf, Caitlyn Christensen, Sandra Cwiklinski, Mark Doornek, Karl Eschweiler, Janessa Evans, Kenneth Fischer, Jonny Flamboe-Diaz, Amanda Gamerdinger, Alexandria Gerschwiler, Nicole Hall, Sean Higgins, Elizabeth Hruz, Sarah Kinsley, Robert Labott, Daena Lewandowski, Man Ting Li, Juliana Lisser, Megan Mueller, Steven Mussatti, Tyler Nickel, Miranda Norris, Rebecca Oblamski, Samantha Obluck, Andrew Palen, Angela Peplinski, Brittany Peters, JamieDiehl Petruzella, Martin Piper, Habib Rahemtulla, Karen Ritenour, Jared Robertson, Casey Senger, Mario Serra, Joy Strangfeld, Alex Streicher, Nicole Swan, EricVan Dixhorn, Eduardo Velazquez Jr., Alexandra Wasmer, Walter Wenzel, Danielle Young and Hannah Zimmerman - West Allis.
• Zachary Adams of West Milwaukee was named to the dean's list at Beloit College for the fall 2009 semester.
• Jacqueline Gardner and Andrew Sierszyn of West Allis were named to the dean's list at Wisconsin Lutheran College for the fall 2009 semester.
• Beata Fiedorczuk, Mishell Sommer-Bayer, Angeline Dao, Ashlee Willis, Nancy Holsten, Danielle Goetz, Leah Davis, Kelly Davis, Ivy Padula, Angela Lynch, Kristin Gnatzig, all of West Allis, were named to the dean's list at Mount Mary College for the fall 2009 semester.
• Shannon Buerosse of Greenfield was inducted as a member of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology, at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
• Christopher Martocci of Greenfield and Kristin Peck of West Allis both graduated from the Upper Iowa University in early March.
• Sarah Houtler of Greenfield graduated from the University of St. Thomas.
• Theresa Schwickert of Greenfield will perform Mahler's Symphony No. 2 with the Westminster Symphonic Choir and the San Francisco Symphony at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia. Theresa is a student at Westminster Choir College of Rider University in Princeton, N.J., and a member of the Westminster Symphonic Choir.
• Troy Geyer of Milwaukee was a recipient of the 2009-10 Custard Family Merit Award, an award presented by Custard Insurance Adjusters. This is a scholarship program designed to assist employees' children and grandchildren who are continuing their education in college or vocational school programs. Troy, a graduate of Nathan Hale High School, is a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and the son of Randall and Joy Geyer of Milwaukee.
• Elle Dickhut of West Allis was named to the dean's list for the fall 2009 at Cardinal Stritch University.
• Amanda Cormican of West Allis will participate in the production "Book of Days" at St. Norbert College.
• Jonathan Warner of West Allis has been elected male representative to the student senate for his class for the 2010-2011 year at at Bryan College in Dayton, Tenn. Jonathan, a sophomore, is the son of Kai and Lisa Warner of West Allis.
• Jodi Sadorf of Greenfield graduated from ITT Technical Institute on Dec. 13, 2009.
• Phoua Xiong of Greenfield was named to the fall 2009 dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
• Justin Eineichner and Daniel Rieland of West Allis graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in December.
• Valerie Sanders of Greenfield shared the stage with The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra as a finalist at the Pabst Theater during the 43rd annual Audrey G. Baird Stars of Tomorrow concert. Sanders played the violin. This concert showcases a competition among three featured high school soloists who were selected via competitive audition to perform a concerto movement with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.
• Keegan O'Brien,a fifth-grader at Madison Elementary, placed seventh and Caroline Daniels,a sixth-grader at Franklin Lloyd Middle School, placed ninth at the Regional Spelling Bee held on Feb.18 at Longfellow Middle School.
• Kevin King has been promoted to senior project manager for Triad Construction Inc. King, who has worked for Triad Construction for two years, will also take on some supervisory duties and play an important role in determining the company's goals and direction.
• U.S Air Force Airman Brandon Brandemuehl graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. Brandon is a 2009 graduate of Whitnall High School and the son of Sarina Kleppin of Greenfield.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Juan Acevedo graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Juan Acevedo of Greenfield and Rosa Candelaria of Milwaukee.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Nicholas Hedberg graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is a 2008 graduate of West Allis Central High School and the son of Cam Hedberg of West Allis.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Maxwell McGrath graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Jeffrey and Wendy McGrath of Greenfield and a 2009 graduate at Greenfield High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Timothy Jesse graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Pamela Jesse of West Allis and a 2008 graduate of Nathan Hale High School.
• U.S. Army National Guard Pvt. Jacob Bower has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Sill in Lawton, Okla. He is the grandson of Janet Bower of Milwaukee and a 2009 graduate of Greenfield High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Nicholas Bernard graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Susan Bernard of West Allis and a 2009 graduate of West Allis Central High School.
• U.S. Air Force Airman Travis Berge graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. He is the son of Diane Berge of West Allis and a 2009 graduate of West Allis Central High School.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or news@
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 14
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 18
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 6
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 28
- Celebrations: Feb. 14
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10