• Eric Hoppe, Andrew Streim, Graham Place and Kristin Tiarks of Greenfield and Jeffrey Schwasinger and Catherine Weitenbeck of West Allis were named to the winter quarter dean's list at Milwaukee School of Engineering.
• Christine Lohman and Chris Schwab of Greenfield and Christopher Kipp of West Allis were named to the winter quarter honors list at Milwaukee School of Engineering.
• The following students graduated this winter from the University of Wisconsin-Madison: Jaclyn Bain, Daniel Bong, Kristopher Ellis, Brandon Mowery, Gregory Schmitz, Thomas Storvik, Julie Ann Van Lieshout and James Vogelsang - Greenfield; Jacob Joseph Curtis - West Allis.
• Aubrey Krystek of Greenfield and Jessica Beres and Daryl Kreckow of West Allis are fall 2008 graduates of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
• Charlene Thomas of West Allis graduated with academic honors in nursing from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in December 2008. She is now a registered nurse.
• Mount Mary College students Jordan Osley of Milwaukee and Sabrina Diaz of West Allis were named to the All-Independent Women's Basketball Team for the Association of Division III Independents. This is the first time in Mount Mary College history that such honors were received by student athletes.
• Kirstin Graham, 10, of West Allis won the 10 to 12 age group of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council's coloring contest at the 47th annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show. She won a $50 U.S. savings bond.
Do you have some news in your family? Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/Community Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: June 5, 2014
- Celebrations: May 29
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 1
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: March 6
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 14
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 18