• Jim and Mikie (Fell) Blask of Waukesha are the parents of William James Blask, born Sept. 4, 2010, at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. He was 6 pounds, 9 ounces, and 19 ½ inches. Grandparents are James and Carol Blask of West Allis and Tom and Judy Fell of West Milwaukee. Great-grandmother is Virginia Randolph of Wawatosa.
• Leigha Yaklich of West Allis earned her bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in December.
• Erica Cosson of West Allis earned her bachelor's degree in music education from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in December.
• Jonathan Nadolny of Greenfield was among the 100 members of the Cornell College Concert Choir, Chamber Singers and Orchestra performing John Rutter's "Magnificat" on Dec. 11 as part of the Iowa college's Music Mondays program. Nadolny performed in the Concert Choir's tenor II section.
• Mistylee Cheske of Greenfield earned her bachelor's degree in art and psychology from Wisconsin Lutheran College in December. Cheske plans to attend Mount Mary College in the fall to pursue a master's degree in art therapy.
• The following students received degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in December: Greenfield's Huda Yaser Asad, Thuan Lieu, Johanna Manthey, Danny Thang Nguyen, Nicole Skinkis and Korine Vierthaler, master's degrees, and David Brueckner, Kyle Buss, Stephanie Catalano, Rachael Goldmann, Sara Grimm, Katie Hintz, Amy Jaeckel, Anna Jendusa, Eric Lagerman, Jon Marunowski, Lindsey Monks, Deuane Namathao, Emily Quade, Erik Romero, Rebecca Scheibe, Joel Stemwell, Beverly Thompson, Erin Wolski and Matthew Zeman, bachelor's degrees; West Allis' Lukas Belter, Heather Cannon, Nathan Currier-Groh, Rebecca Hahn, Deanna Huisheere, Andrea Lemke, Brian Sigrist and Philip Spitzer, master's degrees, and Yasmine Ribhi Awadallah, Rachel Baldwin, April Barry, Alyssa Buchanan, Curtis Dartsch, Jenessa David, Katherine Depover, Mark Doornek, Amanda Duckworth, Sarah Fonaas, Jeremy Goggins, Jenna Hicks, Nicholas Hirn, Kelly Jarvey, Johnathan Koller, Erin Kreuser, Douglas Kubasa, Joshua Kultgen, James Lemke, Kyle Montague, Benjamin Nemec, Matthew Oakey, Rebecca Oblamski, Mario Pobric, Wendy Rohde, Rebecca Rutz, Daniel Rymaszewski, William Strom, Rachel Taylor, Bradley Thome, Katherine Van Dorf and Doreena Wilson, bachelor's degrees; and West Milwaukee's Sonia Rivas, bachelor's degree.
• Martin Hintz, a student at Nathan Hale High School, performed this fall as one of 20 exemplary soloists from throughout the state in an honorary recital at the annual Wisconsin State Music Conference in Madison. Martin performed a viola solo. In spring, WSMA adjudicators identified exemplary soloists at nine WSMA Solo & Ensemble festivals. After a careful screening process, 20 of those soloists performed at the conference for an audience of music teachers, family, friends and peers.
• Army Reserve Pfc. Daena R. Lewandowski has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Sill in Lawton, Okla. She is the daughter of Richard and Dawn Lewandowski of West Allis and a 2006 graduate of Nathan Hale High School. Her husband, Nicholas, is the son of Michael P. and Fran A. Vandre of Jefferson.
• Air Force Airman Joseph T. Cefalu graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. He is the son of Joseph Cefalu of Milwaukee and the grandson of Richard Bacon of West Allis. He graduated in 2010 from Nathan Hale High School in West Allis.
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: May 9
- Celebrations: March 14
- Celebrations: March 7
- Celebrations: Feb. 28
- Celebrations: Feb. 14
- Celebrations: Feb. 7
- Celebrations: Jan. 17
- Celebrations: Jan. 10
- Celebrations: Oct. 18
- Celebrations: Oct. 4
- Celebrations: Sept. 6
- Celebrations: Aug. 23
- Celebrations: Aug. 16
- Celebrations: Aug. 2
- Celebrations: July 5
- Celebrations: June 28
- Celebrations: June 21
- Celebrations: June 7
- Celebrations: May 31
- Celebrations: May 24