Various departments from the City of West Allis have come together to blog about city news and information. For more information on the City of West Allis, visit their website.
West Allis refuse and recycling collections change for the Christmas and New Year holidays. Crews may work ahead or fall behind the normal schedule. Please see the Public Works' Refuse and Recycling Document Library for more information.
• The Municipal Yard and Morgan Avenue sites will not be open to accept drop-off materials on Saturday, August 30, and Monday, September 1.
• DPW offices will be closed for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 1, and refuse and recycling will not be collected on Monday, September 1.
• There will be no brush collection the week of September 1.
• Refuse and recycling collections are affected by weeks with a holiday. If your regular collection day is Monday, September 1, please set out your refuse, and, if appropriate, recyclables on Tuesday, September 2, by 7:00 am. For the remainder of the week, please set out your refuse or recyclables on your normal collection day by 7:00 am.
• Crews may work ahead or fall behind the normal route schedule during the holiday week.
• Any refuse or recyclables not collected on your normal collection day should be made available on the next scheduled work day.
• Any questions regarding your refuse and/or recycling pick-up may be directed to the Sanitation and Street Division weekdays between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm at 414-302-8800.
Reminders for residents regarding the Independence Day holiday:
Reminders for residents during holiday week of Memorial Day which is May 26:
Thursday night concerts at Vets' Park are back again thanks to the generosity of sponsors in the West Allis business community. There are also four free, family-friendly concerts, hosted by Community Alliance Against Drugs (CAAD) and the West Allis Police Department. Check the City's website for the schedule and more details.