Various departments from the City of West Allis have come together to blog about city news and information. For more information on the City of West Allis, visit their website.
• The Municipal Yard and Morgan Avenue sites will not be open to accept drop-off materials on Saturday, August 30, and Monday, September 1.
• DPW offices will be closed for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 1, and refuse and recycling will not be collected on Monday, September 1.
• There will be no brush collection the week of September 1.
• Refuse and recycling collections are affected by weeks with a holiday. If your regular collection day is Monday, September 1, please set out your refuse, and, if appropriate, recyclables on Tuesday, September 2, by 7:00 am. For the remainder of the week, please set out your refuse or recyclables on your normal collection day by 7:00 am.
• Crews may work ahead or fall behind the normal route schedule during the holiday week.
• Any refuse or recyclables not collected on your normal collection day should be made available on the next scheduled work day.
• Any questions regarding your refuse and/or recycling pick-up may be directed to the Sanitation and Street Division weekdays between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm at 414-302-8800.
Reminders for residents regarding the Independence Day holiday:
Reminders for residents during holiday week of Memorial Day which is May 26:
Thursday night concerts at Vets' Park are back again thanks to the generosity of sponsors in the West Allis business community. There are also four free, family-friendly concerts, hosted by Community Alliance Against Drugs (CAAD) and the West Allis Police Department. Check the City's website for the schedule and more details.