NOW:53214:USA01012
http://widgets.journalinteractive.com/cache/JIResponseCacher.ashx?duration=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.wp.myweather.net%2FeWxII%2F%3Fdata%3D*USA01012
59°
H 59° L 45°
Partly Cloudy | 8MPH

Day 1 Part 1 - State Fair Blog done (Sponsor's Name Here)-style

Free market, James family, My-Sugar-Na, Blogger's Clip Show, State Fair, West Allis


It's Here!

It's Here!

It's Here!

It's Here!

It's Here!

It's Here!


On the first day of the State Fair in 2007, these two posts were my beginning entries.  Last year, I managed to pap this one out.  Can Year 3 of the daily State Fair Blogs compete?  Will (Sponsor's Name Here) find the time?  What the hell can be said this year that hasn't been said in the last two?  Let's find out, shall we...


When I left the house this morning to take Mitten and Gooey home before going to work, I saw a car pull up to a street parking space right across the street.  Four senior citizens got out of the car, and for the seven seconds that I saw them, it almost looked as if they had found the Fountain of Middle Age.  It may seem funny, but they actually had a pep in their step and acted like they were truly excited about being the first ones at the Fair the first day.  They were all wearing light colored, loose fitting clothing, windbreakers, two of them carried umbrellas and just looked like they couldn't wait to get to the pancake shop.  Maybe the Fair itself got them excited, or maybe it was having a scene different than having their senior coffee at McDonalds, but watching them get out of the car and walk up the block was pretty cool, and got me excited about the next 10 days.


Potawatomi Casino had a special in April thru June that you could buy three State Fair admissions for $15, and then also get a coupon for $10 cash to be redeemed at the cashier's cage... effectively making it three tickets for a fin.  My-Sugar-Na and I each bought a three-pack, so we now have six tickets.  I don't believe that we will get to the Fair three times, but as long as I don't resell them for over face value while within a 500 foot radius of the entrance....


So as I sit at work this morning, My-Sugar-Na says that the neighborhood is quite busy, and that Swoppy wants to begin parking cars.  However, there is a catch... our free labor pool wants to become a commissioned salesperson at the extortionist rate of 75% (the other 25% is split between me and My-Sugar-Na).  In theory, she is the one working and if she wasn't, we wouldn't park any cars.  But the reality is that I am greedyReally greedy.  But My-Sugar-Na makes the deal, and I console myself with the fact that we've never parked cars in our yard on the first day before 5:00 PM.

I received an E-mail right before lunch that says my cut so far is $3.125.

I wanna take the rest of the day off and wrestle Swoppy for the other $18.75.  I think I could take her...

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Page Tools