Gardening has been a lifelong passion for Wende and she’d like to share her passion with her readers. Follow her as she writes about her gardening adventures, lists tasks to do depending on the season, and gives easy to understand gardening advice.
This list is from the calendar that Steins Gardens & Gifts posts online to help remind you of gardening tasks that should be done... Not much to do in December, but these are good suggestions to keep your gardening thinking cap on! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
· Use dried flowers from your garden to decorate gift packages and cards.
· Make a list of materials needed for your seed starting endeavor including seeds, flats, containers and other supplies.
· This is a good time to air layer Dieffenbachia, rubber plants, dracaena, and other thick-stemmed houseplants.
· Geraniums may be cut back and repotted in preparation for spring.
· Try forcing amaryllis and paperwhites (shown right) for indoor bloom. These bulbs do not need a cold treatment and are easy to force.