When I look back at the past 43 or so years, I can say that I've done OK. From surviving childhood, to being The Man at the former West Milwaukee High School to a decent bowling career and good family.
But with the end of the world coming tomorrow, I can list the accomplishments with the best of them...
- I beat cancer
- I owned a house
- Raised two decent kids
- Practiced marraige until I got it right
- Never got in serious trouble
- Been able to bowl on TV
- Was at the last ever game at County Stadium and the first ever game(s) at Miller Park
- Figured out the secret of Twitter
- Saw so much of this great country from the Statue of Liberty to the Hoover Dam
- Had blog postings printed in the paper
- Bowled multiple 300 and 800 series
- Won poker tournaments in Las Vegas, Reno and Tama, IA
- Witnessed a triple play live
- Finally got an office at work
- Worked as a PA announcer for a professional team
- And managed to weigh 300 pounds and eats some of the world's greatest food
See, I've lived life as if those wing nuts have been right about the Rapture all along (granted, in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angeles in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father".) But the world is ending tomorrow. I've had the time of my life.
Look for future blog entries on HeavenNOW.com.